I’d like to introduce you to the fabulous Shelly Crane, author of the Significance Series. Defiance, Book 3 in the Significance Series just released. Here’s the pretty cover and the scoop:
In the third installment of the Significance series, we begin with Maggie and Caleb in the clutches of a new enemy; the Virtuoso council. Not only do they have to deal with the consequences of taking the lives of the Watsons and the Council attempting to take Maggie away to keep their precious Visionary safe, but they must deal with Marla as well. All are determined to undermine, control and use Caleb and Maggie’s rare gifts for their own uses, some wish to destroy them entirely. Then Maggie’s father and Bish are threatened but the council forbids the presence of humans. Peter and the family fight and stand beside them every step of the way to save Maggie’s father, to keep Caleb and Maggie together when the corrupted council is so set on keeping them apart and to stop Marla and whatever she has up her sleeve. Then Maggie has the shock of her life when she discovers something about her real father. It may change everything for everyone. Stay tuned as the story continues.
1. How did you come up with the story line behind your books?
Dreams, random things people say, basically anything. My mind doesn’t really stop running, day or night. I have a bazillion book ideas in my notebook right now.
2. Are you planning to keep going and going, going?
Absolutely!! I feel incredibly blessed to be able to do what I’m doing.
3. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
A police officer…..go figure that one out.
4. Who’s your favorite author and\or favorite book and why?
I LOVE Rachel Higginson…. M. Leighton…. Richelle Mead…. & Kelly Armstrong. Those are just some of my favorites. The list for fantastic authors that I’ve read could go on for miles!
5. Do you have a cast in mind if your book were ever to become a movie?
I kind of do… And there is a huge cast list on my Facebook page from fans.
6. What is something you wished you’d done differently when publishing your first book?
Well, I wish I’d done more research on the whole process. And editing.
7. What is something awesome that we can look forward to in future books?
This year I’m rounding out and finishing all the series I’ve started, so next year will be completely all new series. I can’t wait!
8. Any lessons learned or advice to new authors?
Edit, edit, edit. And then edit again And always remember that your fans are awesome and deserve your time and effort to answer them. Also, it’s a job and you can’t just sit back and think that your book is going to sell itself.
9. What’s your absolute favorite thing about be an author?
I get to write what I want to read! That’s the very reason I began to write my very first book.
10. List 5 random things about yourself.
- Don’t watch much TV except Vampire Diaries, Secret Circle and Switched at Birth. The rest of the time, I’m writing.
– I have a strange love for fried squash and fried green tomatoes.
– I think Ryan Reynolds is…fantastical and delish.
– My favorite book boy crush is without a doubt Callum from Fisher Amelie’s – Callum & Harper.
– I’ve been stung by a jellyfish, stabbed by a catfish, pinched by a crab, stepped on a 4 prong hook, hooked in the belly by my brother, sliced by a clam shell, and chased by dolphins (Who I thought were sharks) all before the age of 7. The ocean is not my friend.
How cool is that?
Check out Shelly’s other books, too:
You can Visit Her at: http://shellycrane.blogspot.com/
And for fun, she interviewed me with the same questions, too!
Check it out at: